Wednesday 3 September 2014

Sliding Doors


What if this life is pre-designed,
What if we're slaves to fate,
What if that's just a fairy-tale,
And our destiny awaits?

What if there is a single road,
What if there are a few,
What if I grow too hesitant,
and never see them through?

What if I had two options,
But what if I missed the turn?
What if there was an open door,
To which I no longer can return?

What if it lead me to my dreams,
What if it shook me to my core,
What if it woke me up to life,
Silenced my inner war

What if I had in store for me,
Fortune and victory,
What if it took me all the places,
That I will never see?

What if there in my triumph,
I learned that faith in God is real,
What if that made me feel a way,
That I will never feel?

What if we had been married,
What if you'd made me proud?
What if we never found each other,
For all the faces in the crowd

What if there were no arguments,
And we had co-existed,
What if you never let me go,
Because I had resisted…

What if that's where it got twisted...

What if that was my only chance,
What if I let it slip,
What if I never love again,
What if I'm not equipped

What if we bared the ups and downs,
What if i never left,
Though part of my life's purpose found,
What of that which i bereft? 

What if there was another life,
That grew inside of me,
What if he was equal parts of us,
And cute as cute can be?

What if he made the sweetest sounds,
What if he loved to sing,
What if he followed me around,
And tripped over everything?

What if every lazy Sunday,
We'd spend all the day in bed,
What if he couldn't say his R's,
And pronounced them as L's instead

What if he was my turning point,
Who changed the way I see,
What if he taught me how to love,
By living selflessly

What if he'd grown and flown the nest,
What if my heart was torn?
But then again we must remember,
He was never born

What if I made a huge mistake,
What if i'm paying the price,
What if I would've known the cost,
And hadn't rolled the dice

What if i'm made to be right here,
But what if it's not for me,
What if someone else is happy,
In the arms where I should be

What if it gets too much to bare,
To wonder all the time,
If all the things I never did,
Would alter life's design

What if it all is written,
But what if the choice is yours?
What if I missed my moment,
In the blink of sliding doors...




Elica Le Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment